A. Submissions must be original work and have never been previously published. Research manuscripts are preferred. It should be proved by sending the Author's Statement through e-mail or upload in Supplementary Files. The chief editor will not process the author's submission (whether in e-mail or OJS submission menu) unless this statement letter is attached.
B. The Title is written in two languages: Bahasa Indonesia and English, and avoids uppercase applied in the whole letters.
C. The Abstract consists of 150-250 words, written in one paragraph, continued by keywords. The abstract contains background, writing purposes, discussion, and conclusion. Submissions from research must include the research method and output. Abstract and keywords are written in two languages, Bahasa Indonesia and English.
D. Manuscript content:
- Manuscript content contains the following part: Introduction, research method, results, and discussion, conclusion, references. A sub-chapter on Literature Review is unnecessary.
- Relevant with the need for learning processes in the social and political sciences and humanities field.
- Closely related to or relevant with the authors' mastery background, either theoretical writing, methodological writing, research summary, or scientific book review.
- Considering the content objectivity and scientific rules.
- The editors consider 4000-8000 words to be the preferable article length. The length of the manuscript should not exceed 8000 words, including text, all tables and figures, notes, and appendices intended for publication. A manuscript that exceeds the 8000-word limit will be returned without review.
E. Writing technique:
- Within the manuscript body, avoid using dot points, alphabetising, or numbering as follows:
This model of writing is preferred: 1) ................, 2) ..............
- Manuscript written in essay format, no numbering between chapter or part is allowed.
- The table and graph should be referred to in the discussion.
- Make the tables or graphs as simple as possible. The table should contain table number, title, note and information if needed (below the table to explain abbreviation in the table). Use only horizontal lines; vertical lines are not allowed.
- Use running note instead of footnote or endnote;
...... (Eveleth & Tanner, 1990:10; Kennedy, 1993:145-149).
...... (Abolfotouh et al., 1993).
...... (Boas, 1896 in Martin, 1928).
- Avoid journal name abbreviation in referencing
- Instead of using points, the conclusion is written in paragraph format
- The reference uses "name-year" system, accordance with the alphabetical family name
- In reference, mention all the author's name (not et al.); for example:
Jackson, L. M. (2019). The psychology of prejudice: From attitudes to social action (2nd ed.). American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/0000168-000
Aron, L., Botella, M., & Lubart, T. (2019). Culinary arts: Talent and their development. In R. F. Subotnik, P. Olszewski-Kubilius, & F. C. Worrell (Eds.), The psychology of high performance: Developing human potential into domain-specific talent (pp. 345–359). American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/0000120-016
Duckworth, A. L., Quirk, A., Gallop, R., Hoyle, R. H., Kelly, D. R., & Matthews, M. D. (2019). Cognitive and noncognitive predictors of success. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 116(47), 23499–23504. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1910510116
Further and complete guide can be accessed through: https://drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/1GdxlFDq0YxheDoJ0jOU8XcHCNo18KPKo/view
F. For the Author:
- The author's name should be spelled consistently. An academic degree is not necessary.
- The author is fully responsible for manuscript content.
- Attaching Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Author's Statement Letter in Supplementary File.
- Submission must be adjusted with this journal referencing style (reference citing, footnote using, systematics, illustration, table, etc.).
- Submitting the manuscript (in English) and abstract (in English and Bahasa Indonesia). The manuscript typed by MS Word, font type is Times New Roman, spacing 1 in 15-20 pages of A4 paper.
- Signing a statement letter that states that submission is not under consideration or peer review or accepted for publication or in the press or published elsewhere. The manuscript should not be submitted to another journal during the review process by Politik Indonesia journal reviewers.
- Signing a statement letter that states that submission is plagiarism-free and fully obey the citing rules (the author did not copy-paste, but paraphrase).
- Manuscripts should be submitted electronically through the Open Journal Systems (OJS)
- After the article has received the agreement to be published, authors are requested to give a contribution to the journal's maintenance and development.
G. For The Editor:
- The editor reserves the right to edit the articles without changing the content and authors' idea.
- The editor will return the non-proper article.
- There will be an official notification to the authors if their articles are accepted to publish in Madika: Jurnal Politik dan Governance
- If revisions needed, authors should actively correspond with editors. The unreturned revisions or the revisions submitted after the dateline will cause cancellation of publication.
- If authors wish to buy the printed version of the journal, authors should contact journal redaction through e-mail to fill the pre-order form.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Copyright of this journal is possession of Editorial Board and Journal Manager, by the knowledge of the author, while the moral right of the publication belongs to the author. All articles submitted by the author and published in the Indonesian Journal of Politics, are fully copyrighted by authors.
Thus, the journal allows the author(s) to:
- Hold the copyright of the article without restrictions.
- Retain publishing rights without restrictions
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.